- Giftcard.net’s position on the use of its Service by minors and the collection of Personal Information from minors;
- What Personal Information Giftcard.net collects from you;
- What cookies and mobile device IDs are, and how Giftcard.net uses them;
- How Giftcard.net uses your information and with whom your information is shared;
- Giftcard.net’s policy regarding linked websites and embedded services;
- What your choices are regarding the collection, use, and distribution of your information;
- What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information;
- How long your data is kept;
- What we do not do;
- Giftcard.net’s policy on Do Not Track signals;
- What else you should know about your privacy;
- How to contact us.
Minors (as defined under the laws of THEIR jurisdiction or residence) are not eligible to use the Service in any way. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from any minor, and we will not use this information if we discover that it has been provided by a minor.
What Personal Information does Giftcard.net collect from you?
Giftcard.net collects information in several ways. Some Personal Information is gathered when you create a Giftcard.net account through the Service ("Account"). When creating an Account, you will provide us with (1) your name; (2) email address; (3) physical address; (4) credit or debit card information, or other form of payment, connected to a bank account based in the United States; and (5) any other information we may request in connection with creating an Account, including for purposes of validating your identity or the veracity of your Account information. If you send or receive direct messages to other Service users, whether publicly or privately ("chat"), you provide us the content of your chats. We will also keep track of certain user metrics, which may include, without limitation, where you access the Service (geolocation), how frequently you use the Service, and how you use the Service.
What are cookies and mobile device IDs, and how does Giftcard.net use them?
Giftcard.net also uses mobile device IDs, which are unique identifiers assigned to each mobile device, to recognize you when you use the Service on a mobile device. We may use your mobile device ID to store your preferences, track your Service use, and more.
How does Giftcard.net use your information and with whom is your information shared?
Our primary goal in collecting Personal Information is to provide you with the best experience possible through our Service. The majority of information that is collected about you is for the purpose of better understanding our users, expanding our user base, and ensuring that you have a safe and worry-free experience by blocking or flagging users who abuse the Service. We may also use the information we collect for purposes including, without limitation, advertisement tracking and analytics, supporting and improving our Service functionality, personalizing your user experience, and maintaining the security of our users and the Service.
We may disclose your Personal Information in the following additional circumstances:
- To effect a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off or other corporate reorganization of our corporation, where the information is provided to the new controlling entity in regular course of business. In the event of such an occurrence, we will make every effort to inform you of the transfer of your Personal Information;
- As is required by our insurers and by regulatory agencies or to employees, contractors, consultants, and agents of Giftcard.net to perform necessary actions in the normal course of business. No more information than is required in these circumstances will be provided;
- To establish or exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, when otherwise required by law or in response to a court order, or to comply with law enforcement; and
Linked websites and applications, and embedded services
What are your choices regarding the collection, use, and distribution of your information?
The disclosure of Personal Information is required to create an Account, which is required to access our Service. If you do not wish to disclose the requisite information you are free to discontinue use of the Service.
You also have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you may have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies the Service may not be displayed or function in the way we intend.
Our Service will deliver "push" notifications to your phone or mobile device. You can disable these notifications through the App or going into your device’s application settings.
What is Giftcard.net’s policy on allowing you to update, correct, or delete your Personal Information?
What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information?
We will take the appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect your Personal Information and other data provided to or collected by us that are necessary to comply fully with any and all applicable laws, obligations, and regulations.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our Service, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
How long is your Personal Information stored?
We may retain your Personal Information for as long as permitted by law and as long as is necessary to permit you to use our Service without the requirement of resubmitting the same information.
What we do NOT do
We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, login name, or password, in an unsecure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication.
Do Not Track disclosure
Mobile device users can set their device preferences to Do Not Track ("DNT") to tell websites and services not to collect information from that device. However, we do not recognize or respond to DNT signals.
What else should you know about your privacy?
If you choose to use our Service you should be aware that any information transmitted electronically via the Internet may not be secure. We assume no liability for the loss or misuse of any information that you transmit to us via the Internet.
In communicating with you, we may send e-mail as unencrypted plain text because we are aware that most customers cannot easily process encrypted e-mail. This is done for your convenience, but with the security concern that, if misrouted or intercepted, it could be read more easily than encrypted e-mail.
How to contact us
Zachary Levine, Esq.
Wolk & Levine, LLP